Bed bugs are little creatures that can sneak into your bed, carpet, and furniture. When you sleep they bite you. The next morning you may be surprised to see the red and itchy mark on your skin. A bed bug bite makes a red, swollen area with a dark red center. The bites are in a line and grouped together in a small area. You can find blisters at the bite sites. Bed bugs can bite you anywhere on the body, especially the parts of the skin that are exposed while sleeping such as arms, legs, hands and face. The Boston Pest Control Experts can help remove this problem.
Bed bug bites don’t appear right away after being bitten. It may take a few days before you notice the marks. Bed bug bites are very itchy. You might have burning sensations on the skin. You won’t feel the bed bugs bite you as they release a small amount of anesthesia into your body before they bite you. Once you know that you have been bitten by bed bugs, you should take the following measures.
- Don’t scratch the bite; this may lead to secondary infection and causing the affected area to swell. Bleeding may also occur.
- Use an anti-itch cream to keep yourself from ‘itching’ the bite.
- Take an antihistamine to help decrease the itching and burning sensation.
- Use ice packs on the affected area. Ice packs can help numb the skin and reduce your urge to scratch.
- Use an antiseptic cream or lotion if there is an infection.
Bed bugs are annoying. They are not dangerous or deadly. The symptoms of a bite will disappear in a few weeks. If you find bed bugs in your property, then you must call you’re a pest control expert immediately. It is hard to get rid of bed bugs by yourself. You need professional treatment for eradicating bed bugs from your house.